Sunday, May 17, 2009

Famous Penang Prawn Mee in Ipoh.
















Hi Guys, I promised to post more blogs in future last year and I must say I failed terribly. I kept putting things off and before I realised it, another year is going to pass by and nothing's cropped up.






Well, I have been patronising this shop at No:30 & 32 Cowan Street named Kedai Minuman dan Makanan Hua Nam for many years now and last week while I was there , I suddenly have the urge to talk to the guy who operates this Hokkien Prawn Mee noodles with his wife. I told him that I wanted post this in my blog and to my surprise, he said yes, why not? So, needless to say, I went there armed with my camera and took a friend as well. I ordered the special prawn noodles with 3 large prawns and that is the one you see in the pics. When I finished my meal, I waved to the boss and said I need some details. No wonder his Hokkien Mee tastes so much like Penang. He is actually from Penang and he has been selling Hokkien Mee for the last 26 years.
Imagine, a bowl of piping hot HPM with 3 large prawns for only RM4.30. A normal bowl costs only Rm3.30.
Mr. Hong Say Leong is 64 years and his wife Ong Ah Wan manages the stall everyday from 12 pm to 5 pm. Apart from HPM, he also sells Hokkien Law Mee where the gravy is thick and is a favourite among Penangnites. So guys, for those of you in other states, make it a point to try Mr. Hong's HPM if ever you are in Ipoh or just passing by. Just remember to mention you saw it in my blog. That would boost him up a bit.
Ok, gtg. I will be presenting another 'Hot, hot mesti cuba' Curry Mee in town.
Ciao!
WATCH THIS SPACE!























3 comments:

The Travelling Foodie said...

Hey Joe, well done. I'm glad you got down to posting food places in your blog. Keep it up. Waiting to read your next posting on the Kampar Rd. curry mee. BTW I've found one here that serves Ipoh style curry mee which is just as good. Rgds. Joe

tk_ong said...

Hi Joe, how are you keeping ? Been quite awhile since you are back to Ipoh, eh? I have been looking out for you whenever I pass by your house but to no avail. Well, I got another one to put up next.In fact, I shall be posting it up right after I finish this comment, otherwise, I may start to put things off again as usual. Check this out, man!

Unknown said...

This stall has move to Kedai Kopi Nam Kiew, at the other end of the previous shop.